You’re probably aware that Pastor Jim retired as of January 2021 and we had planned to have a big retirement celebration. But since the attendance would have been limited, we decided to wait until we could really plan the party we wanted to, and as many people who wanted to attend were able. So, the time is finally here!
On April 24th from 6-8pm we’ll be having an outdoor Retirement Celebration for Pastor Jim. There will be a barbecue meal and a special program where we will be expressing both the humor and our gratefulness for his ministry over the years. It’s going to be a fun night for everyone! More details will be announced shortly and you will need to register ahead.
In the mean time, there are still a few ways you can be involved:
- Join the Facebook Group – We created a facebook group just for the purpose of sharing photos and stories of Jim over the years. So if you’re on Facebook, jump in and share your own stories, photos and thanks. He’s not allowed in yet, but as we approach the event, we’ll let him in to read and interact with everyone in there. Join the Group
- Send Jim a Private Note – We know you might want to send Jim a personal word of thanks or encouragement. Handwritten notes are great, but if you’d prefer to send him something digitally, we made this simple form that will get sent right to him. Send Jim a Note
- Give Jim a Financial Gift – When someone from our staff retires, many people want to respond with a financial gift, so we want to give you that opportunity by clicking here.
There are a couple important details for you to be aware of:
- Gifts given to Jim are considered personal gifts and are not tax deductible.
- Gifts may not be given through the church, they must be given directly to him. That means if you wish to make out a check, please make it out to “Jim Panter”, not the church.
- You can give a gift directly to Jim online via the button below. This is through Paypal, but you do not need an account to use this method. Just click “Chip In” and then “Pay As Guest” or, click here.