Hello Parents and Kids!
We hope you’ll consider coming back to in-person worship and to 9 AM kids programs soon! In the meantime, we invite you to access all the materials kids in classes in the building are learning.
Let’s Start With Worship!!!
It’s so good to worship the Lord together. Here are songs we have used at FCC to draw our hearts to Jesus and praise Him for His love for us – every day!
May 23, 2021
As you come to learn about God today, get out your Bibles and read together. Then watch these Kid videos below. Bible video 1 is most appropriate for 4 year olds through 1st grade. Bible video 2 is geared for 2nd-5th graders.
For Preschoolers through 1st grade:
1. Watch Bible video 1 above.
2. In this video we see Jesus and Nicodemus talking together. What part of the day did they meet and why?
3. What question did Nicodemus ask Jesus?
4. Jesus answers Nicodemus that he must be “born again” to be saved. This does NOT mean he has to be born a baby again. Can you figure out what this means? [changed by God’s Spirit]
5. Have you ever seen a caterpillar change into a butterfly? In some ways, this creature is “born again.” Sometimes this is a good illustration to help young children learn about the change that occurs when we accept Jesus as our Savior.
7. Print out the activity sheets and complete them. Remember, Jesus alone provides salvation for us. Walk your child through John 3:16. Ask God to use this verse to help your child understand what it means to find salvation in Jesus.
For 2nd-5th graders:
1. This Bible story in the New Testament is found in the gospel book of John 3:1-17. Watch video 2.
2.Today we see Jesus discussing the way of salvation with Nicodemus, one of the key teacher’s of the law. When did they meet and why?
3. What does Jesus tell Nicodemus to do “to be saved”? Does this mean he has to become a baby again? What does it actually mean?
4.KEY POINT: Jesus is the only way of salvation for all who believe.
5. What did you learn about God from this story?
6. Continue the conversation at home this week. Discuss the way to salvation with your child. Does your child know Jesus as savior? What a privilege to lead our children to God through Jesus Christ!
“For God so loved the world that He gave his only Son, what whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. — John 3:16
Each Tuesday we read the same Bible story to Preschoolers on Instagram. Follow us on Instagram at fcc_kidmin.
Activity and Coloring:Nicodemus activities