Hello Parents and Kids!
We hope you’ll consider coming back to in-person worship and to 9 AM kids programs soon! In the meantime, we invite you to access all the materials kids in classes in the building are learning.
Let’s Start With Worship!!!
It’s so good to worship the Lord together. Here are songs we have used at FCC to draw our hearts to Jesus and praise Him for His love for us – every day!
June 13, 2021
As you come to learn about God today, get out your Bibles and read together. Then watch these Kid videos below. Bible video 1 is most appropriate for 4 year olds through 1st grade. Bible video 2 is geared for 2nd-5th graders.
For Preschoolers through 1st grade:
1. Watch Bible video 1 above.
2. In this video we see Jesus telling a story about 4 kinds of “dirt” or “soil”, a farmer, and some seeds. Have you ever planted a seed? What kind? What did it need to grow big and beautiful?
3. The first seed fell on the path. What did the birds do? Did that seed grow?
4. The second seed fell among the rocky dirt. What happened to it?
5. The third seed grew up with the thorns. Did it grow big and strong in the end?
6. The fourth seed grew in good rich dirt. What did it produce?
7. Jesus said he is like the farmer and HIS Words are like the seed. When we receive his words with joy and obey them, it is like they grow beautiful and strong in good soil. Are you listening and obeying God’s Word today?
8.Print out the activity sheets and complete them. Remember, Jesus’ Word really changes us from the inside out!
For 2nd-5th graders:
1. This Bible story in the New Testament is found in the gospel book of Mark 4:1-20. Watch video 2.
2.Today we see Jesus telling a parable about a farmer and some seeds and different kinds of soil. What is a parable?
3. Can you figure out the parallel story as you read or listen? Jesus always has a deeper meaning to teach us important truths about God. Who does the farmer represent? What does the seed stand for? What about the 4 soils?
4. Can you retell the story to someone in your family?
5. What did you learn about God from this story? What kind of soil is the best? How does this show what God wants our hearts to be like?
6. Continue the conversation at home this week. How can your heart be like that good rich dirt – ready to listen and receive God’s Word? What will be the result in your life?
“Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.” — Psalm 51:10
Each Tuesday we read a Bible story to Preschoolers on Instagram. Follow us on Instagram at fcc_kidmin.
Activity and Coloring: Parable of Sower