Hello Parents and Kids!
We hope you’ll consider coming back to in-person worship and to 9 AM kids programs soon! In the meantime, we invite you to access all the materials kids in classes in the building are learning.
Let’s Start With Worship!!!
It’s so good to worship the Lord together. Here are songs we have used at FCC to draw our hearts to Jesus and praise Him for His love for us – every day!
July 11, 2021
As you come to learn about God today, get out your Bibles and read together. Then watch these Kid videos below. Bible video 1 is most appropriate for 4 year olds through 1st grade. Bible video 2 is geared for 2nd-5th graders.
For Preschoolers through 1st grade:
1. Watch Bible video 1.
2. This week Jesus does another miracle. He walks on water! If you could have 1 superpower, what would it be?
3. What does Peter want to do in this story?
4. Is he successful? Well, yes, until what happens?
5. This story reminds us that faith is so important in our relationship to God. In fact, it is THE most important way we relate to God. Without faith, what happens to Peter?
6. Have you ever been afraid and then trusted Jesus?
7. Remember that Jesus loves us, even when we are afraid. Did you see that Jesus reached out his hand to Peter? Then he brought him safely into the boat. God never leaves us, even when we have moments of doubt or fear.
8.Print out the activity sheets and complete them.
For 2nd-5th graders:
1. Watch Bible video 2 above. This Bible story in the New Testament is found in the gospel book of Matthew 14:22-33 and in Mark 6:45-51. Read the story in your Bible.
2.Today we see Jesus walking on water! If you could have 1 superpower, what would it be?
3. What does Peter ask Jesus to do?
4. Is Peter successful for the whole time out on the lake?
5. What happened to Peter’s faith? Have you ever doubted or second-guessed what God can do?
6. What does this story show you about God’s character? Can you trust God to show his love to you, even when you have doubts? YES!
James 1:6 “But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.”
Each Tuesday we read a Bible story to Preschoolers on Instagram. Follow us on Instagram at fcc_kidmin.
Activity and Coloring: Jesus Walks on Water