WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE A SPONSOR TO AN REFUGEE FAMILY?
At FCC we desire to show the love of Christ in practical ways to refugee family. We are committed to
welcoming and walking alongside these new neighbors for six months during a time of major
transition in their lives. Some of the ways we will be actively loving these new neighbors are as follows:
• Securing safe and affordable housing.
• Providing basic necessities, including furniture, hygiene items, and household items.
• Providing income support for the first 90 days to 6 months.
• Connecting the family to legal assistance for immigration purposes.
• Supporting the family in accessing government benefits such as food and medical assistance.
• Providing cultural and community orientation
• Providing English language support.
• Helping to enroll the children in school.
• Providing job search advice and support.
Watch the video below from Samaritan’s Purse about their partnership with local churches.