Teaming Up With Compassion International
- About every 30 seconds, a child dies of malaria, a preventable and treatable disease.
- An estimated 67 million primary school-aged children worldwide don’t attend school.
- About 2.4 billion people live on less than $2 per day, making them extremely vulnerable to natural disasters, illness, food shortages and other kinds of instability.
- 19,000 children die each day due to conditions of poverty.
- 1 billion children (nearly half of all the world’s children) live in poverty. Hundreds of millions live in extreme poverty.
- Each day, 10,000 newborns in developing countries die within a month of birth.
- 640 million children live without adequate shelter.
- There are 1.1 billion people in developing countries without access to clean water.