Basketball dominates in the USA in March but here at WOL Poland we are dominated by an OCCUPANCY PERMIT! It’s a mad rush to get beds, closets, fire extinguishers and emergency escape signs, soap dispensers, paper towel holders, approved lights, temporary electric hook-up, and loads and loads of documents needed from the plumber, electrician, fireman and building manager. We’ve had to make special changes to get our electric hook-up and for a fire truck turn around and extra things for bathrooms and a small kitchen. It’s added time and unexpected costs and we’d really appreciate your prayers for grace in the eyes of the building commission which we hope to get here by the end of April. At half-time the coach adjusts the game plan and we’ve had to do that as well. Our desire was to get a pool in for this summer but we literally do not have the time due to the challenges in getting our permit. Please pray with us! Time is of the essence because we need to officially register our camps by the beginning of June.
Winter Camp 2017 was a wonderful time with 42 people where we saw 3 young people make professions of faith in the Savior. It was nice to see one girl telling her Mom all about it and her desire to see her Mom saved as well! There were 13 dedication decisions and the weather was perfect! NEW YEAR’S EVE was spent with a group of teens and we studied the power of the tongue and were challenged to use it for His glory throughout this entire year!
WINTER ESCAPE IN FEBRUARY was our first ever winter retreat here and we played some interesting games with people chained up deep in the woods. Tim, Seth, Matthew & Marcin opened up the book of Galatians and clearly explained every aspect of the book.
EVANGELISTIC BEACH PARTIES got started this last week! A very small church really went to work and invited people out and we had 27 people there all together! 4 were unsaved and a few who had never been in church and we praise the Lord for one young girl who made a profession of faith. Please pray for the others who heard and may still be thinking about it.
1. Dan & Katie Vanderkooi: A wonderful, Godly couple who have over 70% of their support and are needed for the summer! They have both served in WOL Europe as interns, have seen the needs in Poland and greatly desire to help as they raise their family. They are looking for any and every contact to get here and we’d really ask you to pray for God to make it happen!
2. European Quiz April 1: safe travel & encouragement for all as well as for the teens as they study and prepare that God’s Word will get into their hearts as well as their heads.
3. Immediate need of $25,000 for Occupancy costs
4. Brother Ted with broken neck: Bones have not healed after 6 weeks. Please pray for God to grow this back together so no operation will be necessary. Also for family struggles and overall health.
5. Attic: $15,000 needed to insulate before next winter.
6. Skype discipleship: It’s going on all the time --- 4 girls groups every week and individual guy meetings
7. Evangelistic Beach Parties: Will be happening almost every weekend all over Poland. Pray for many unsaved to come out and hear how they need not to build on the sandy land but the Rock of Ages!
8. Summer Camp Scholarships: We have received funds for some but we’d love to do a lot more. If you could help please let me know. One week per camper costs $100.